Come and experience the April Action Car Show, being held April 24th through the 26th in Scenic Moab, Utah!
This spring is full of some wonderful events here in Moab. It’s exciting to see so many different clubs and organizations gearing up for the warm weather amidst the breath taking scenery and down to Earth populace here in Southern Utah. On the weekend of April 24th through the 26th, 2015 the Moab Rotary Club will be holding the 23rd Annual, April Action Car Show. The event will kick off Friday the 24th with pre-registration from 9am to 5pm in City Park, Moab. The Rod Run will also begin at 9:30am, where riders will take off on a slow cruise up the Castle Valley River Road and meet for a special $10 lunch at the world famous Red Cliffs Lodge.
• Friday from 9am – 5pm: Pre-registration at City Park, Moab
• Friday beginning at 9:30am: Rod Run and Lunch at Red Cliff Lodge
On Saturday the 25th at 8am in City Park, pre-registered vehicles may begin parking their automobiles in City Park with the help of parking attendants. Proceeds will go to the Grand County Education Foundation Vocational Scholarships Fund. The cost of advanced registration will be $30 and will increase to $40 the weekend of the show. Once there, vehicles will be judged and trophies given while vendors offer their food and wares for all to enjoy. The Judging will end at 1pm and the trophy celebration will begin at 3pm with a Sock-Hop dance contest to take place in between. Vehicles on display will be permitted to leave at 4pm. Music will be provided by J. C. Hacket and T-shirts provided by VanTees. Sorry, no dogs will be allowed in the park at the time of the show.
• Saturday the 25th at 8am, vehicles may begin parking
• Saturday at 1pm, judging closes
• Saturday at 1:30pm, Sock Hop Dance Contest (must be at least 16 years old and have a 50’s style hair cut).
• Saturday at 3pm, awards ceremony
• Saturday at 4pm, cars may leave the park
The party concludes Sunday morning of the 26th from 8am – 9am with a continental breakfast at City Park for all registered participants and is followed up shortly thereafter with the Dead Horse Point Rod Run. There are an assortment of different classes and awards given.
• Sunday the 26th from 8am to 9am, continental breakfast in the park
• Sunday beginning at 9:15am, Dead Horse Point Rod Run
For more information and registration, click this link to the April Action Car Show event wesite.